What is a Blue Xanax bar 2mg?
Blue Xanax bar is a rectangular bar of Alprazolam used to treat anxiety, GAD, panic disorder phobia, and co-morbid depression. It is a fast-acting tranquilizer of medium duration in the TBZD (Triazolobenzodiazepine) class. It is a schedule IV controlled class drug due to drug abuse and misuse risk. Blue Xanax bars are also used for recreational purposes.
How does blue Xanax work?
Alprazolam is classed as high potency Triazolobenzodiazepine and produces various therapeutic and adverse effects by binding to the GABA that has a calmness and a relaxed feeling, decreasing the level of excitement in the brain and effectively tames anxiety and panic disorder. Xanax is a central nervous system Depressant (slow down CNS).
What are some side effects of the Blue Xanax bar 2mg?
Blue Xanax bars may have some side effects, and these side effects are usually mild to moderate and are as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
These side effects will wash off on their own and if any of the side effects worsen or persist, inform your healthcare provider about them.
A severe side effect of the blue Xanax bar
- Decrease effort to breath
- Suicide ideation
- Allergic reaction
Seek immediate medical attention if you see any of the above symptoms and do as advised.
Who should not take Blue Xanax bars?
Blue Xanax bars are not safe for everyone and are not recommended for individuals dealing with any health issue. If you have:
- Wide-angle glaucoma
- Myasthenia gravis
- Pre-existing respiratory depression
- Sleep apnea
- Borderline personality disorder
- Severe liver OR renal insufficiency
- Loss of coordination and drowsiness
In addition, if you have any other underlying health condition, you must inform your healthcare provider.
What are some drug interactions of blue Xanax bars?
Blue Xanax bar 2mg is an FDA-approved medication, and your doctor will adjust the dose and medicine that may not go well with the drug. As a result, it will not have the same effect as the drug and may also interact with the medicine. Here are everyday drug interactions that may occur as follows:
- Xanax is metabolized CYP3A4, and combining erythromycin norfluoxetine, ketoconazole, and ritonavir delays the hepatic clearance of Alprazolam, and it may result in its accumulation and increased severity of its side effects.
- Oral contraceptive pills reduce the clearance of Alprazolam, which lead to increased plasma levels of Alprazolam and accumulation.
- Alcohol and Alprazolam may have synergistic effects on one another, which may cause severe sedation, behavioral changes, and intoxication.
- A combination of Herb KAVA can result in the development of a semi-comatose state.
- St. John’s Wort can lower the plasma levels of Alprazolam.
How to take a blue Xanax bar 2mg?
Blue Xanax bar is orally administered, and always take the drug as per your doctor’s instruction. You can break the tablet quickly, as it comes with grooves, and it can be easily divided into four parts 0.25mg each OR you can take the bar at once as advised by your doctor. You can take it with or without food as it will not negatively impact you. In addition, if you have nausea, it is essential to take it with food.